Serena G. Rabie
Serena Rabie is an associate in the firm's Business Restructuring Department.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Serena was a Complex Commercial Litigation Associate where she represented clients in various complex litigation matters including banking and financial, antitrust, commercial and constitutional litigation, in particular with respect to First Amendment actions.
Serena also has significant appellate experience, having successfully handled state, federal, and administrative appeals.
Serena earned her J.D. in 2017 from the University of Michigan Law School. While in law school, she obtained the required certificate to qualify as a court-appointed mediator, mediating numerous cases in Washtenaw County small claims court to successful resolutions in 2016. During the previous year, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Stephen J. Murphy III in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.She also completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, where she earned a BA in Political Science and American Culture.
Serena is fluent in Arabic.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
Admissions - State
- Illinois application pending
- University of Michigan Law School
- University of Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Named one of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Oakland County Bar Association Inns of Court
- Detroit Bar Association Barristers
- Available state resources and incentives
- CARES Act: Summary of provisions for midsized and large businesses
- CARES Act: Summary of SBA provisions
- Illinois non-essential businesses forced to close through April 7