Sarah is an associate practicing out of McDonald Hopkins’ Cleveland office. Her practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, directors and officers litigation, and energy litigation which involves the representation of clients in federal and state court and in AAA arbitration proceedings.
Sarah has a passion for advocating for her clients inside and outside of the courtroom. Sarah understands litigation from a business perspective and strives to solve her client’s problems in an effective and efficient manner. Sarah takes pride in developing creative litigation strategies that fit her client’s unique goals.
Sarah represents private and public entities in federal and state courts throughout Ohio. She represents and advises clients on business and commercial litigation matters such as contract disputes, regulatory compliance, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, member/shareholder litigation, uniform commercial code disputes, and other matters. Sarah has experience in the prosecution and defense of non-compete, trade secret, and unfair competition claims. Sarah also has experience in representing natural gas distribution and transmission companies in civil litigation, including lawsuits involving fires and explosions, natural gas leaks, personal injury claims, and real and personal property damages.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Sarah worked at a prominent litigation firm in Cleveland, where her practice focused on professional liability defense, securities litigation and FINRA arbitration, and business and commercial litigation. Sarah also worked as a law clerk for the firm during law school.
Sarah earned her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, graduating cum laude. While in law school, she was the captain of the Cleveland-Marshall Trial Advocacy Team and an editor of The Global Business Law Review. Sarah graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. from Baldwin Wallace University.
- Represented several commercial landlords against tenants for non-payment of rent/breach of lease.
- Represented public and private entities in commercial contract disputes.
- Represented Fortune 500 public utility company in personal and property damage claims throughout Ohio.
- Won defense verdict in small claims trial on claim of professional negligence against insurance agent.
- Won summary judgment dismissal of premises liability claims against local mall.
- Defended several securities brokers in FINRA arbitration.
- Won dismissal of FINRA Statement of Claim against securities broker based on eligibility grounds.
- Won summary judgment dismissal on Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act claims against private entity.
- Defended managing member of limited liability company against claims of breach of fiduciary duty claims in AAA arbitration.
- Defended condominium owners association against declaratory judgment and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Successfully represented Fortune 500 public entity in prosecution of breach of non-compete agreements against former employees.
- Won dismissal of service related claims against Fortune 500 natural gas public utility company on subject matter jurisdiction grounds.
- Won summary judgment dismissal of claims for breach of fiduciary duty and negligent hiring, training and supervision against hospital for alleged HIPAA compliance violations.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Baldwin Wallace College
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award, High A in Corporations
- Women's Energy Network
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Justinian Forum
- The Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Friendship Animal Protective League of Lorain County, Board of Directors and Governance Committee