Kaitlin L. Corkran
Kaitlin represents financial institutions and real estate developers in a variety of public and private finance transactions, as well as bond issuers in connection with taxable revenue bonds and conduit financing. She also helps real estate developers identify, structure and implement project financing using economic development incentives, new markets tax credits, historic preservation tax credits, and other tax incentives. Additionally, Kaitlin serves private companies, entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations on corporate matters such as new business formation, corporate reorganizations and other general business issues.
Over her 10-plus years of legal practice, Kaitlin has become known among clients as an advisor who is a responsive and creative problem-solver. She is experienced in leading and managing transactions from initiation to completion, including drafting of documentation, review of due diligence, and communication with the clients.
Kaitlin earned a J.D. from the Washington University School of Law, cum laude, in 2008 and received a B.A. in Political Science from John Carroll University, cum laude, in 2005.
- Represents financial institutions in connection with a variety of secured transactions, including real estate loans, asset-based loans, cash flow financings, working capital facilities, and syndicated transactions
- Advises borrowers in complex debt financings
- Counsels real estate developers in accessing loans, historic tax credits, new markets tax credits and other public and private funding sources
- Leads and manages transactions from initiation to completion, including drafting and negotiation of documentation, review of due diligence, and communication with the client
- Assists middle-market businesses, entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations with general corporate matters, including business formation, corporate reorganizations, acquisitions and business planning
Admissions - State
- Washington University School of Law
- John Carroll University
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- ACG Cleveland – Women in Transactions
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Vocational Guidance Services, board member
- Girls with Sole, former board member