Julia Ross is as an associate in the firm's Litigation Department with a focus on labor and employment.
Julia previously served as an attorney at a small law firm in Cleveland, where she worked in all areas of labor and employment. She negotiated collective bargaining agreements, defended employers in grievance arbitrations and counseled employers on their rights under the National Labor Relations Act and the Ohio Public Employees’ Collective Bargaining Act. Julia also advised and defended management in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, non-compete agreements and wage and hour disputes.
While in law school, Julia worked as a legal extern for The MetroHealth System, served as a law clerk at a firm in Cleveland and was an extern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Ohio.
Julia earned her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2019. She earned accolades as a Noah Webster Law Scholar and earned a Eudese and Elmer Paull Prize.
Julia completed a B.A. in linguistics in 2016 from the University of Rochester. As an undergraduate, she served as an intern at McDonald Hopkins.
Admissions - Court
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- University of Rochester
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association Northern District of Ohio Chapter
- President Biden’s Six Prong COVID-19 Action Plan: What employers need to know about the Path out of the Pandemic
- Federal contractor vaccine mandates: Preparing for compliance
- Illinois Freedom to Work Act limits restrictive agreements starting January 1, 2022