Jordan is the head of the tech startup and venture capital group at McDonald Hopkins in the firm’s Chicago office. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at goodcounsel LLC, a top boutique firm in Chicago focused on early stage startup representation. Jordan previously worked in the tech startup and M&A groups at Fenwick & West LLP in San Francisco, and in the private equity and M&A groups at Kirkland & Ellis LLP in New York.
Jordan’s practice focuses on the representation of technology companies in all aspects of the corporate life cycle in an outside general counsel role, including venture capital financings, formations, private debt and equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law compliance and commercial technology transactions.
Jordan earned his J.D. at Cardozo Law School in New York, graduating cum laude in 2010. He also earned his B.A. in Public Policy Studies at Duke University, graduating in 2006.
- Represented GRAIL, Inc., leader in early cancer detection technology, as lead counsel in its $300M Series C financing. Also served as point associate in GRAIL’s $900M Series B financing, and in its acquisition of Cirina Limited.
- Represented Samsara Networks Inc., a creator of Internet connected sensor systems, in its $25 million Series A financing, in its $14 million Series B financing, and in its $40 million Series C financing.
- Represented Winston Privacy, Inc. as lead counsel in its seed financing raise.
- Represented Uber Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Shadowmaps, Inc., an urban mapping algorithm developer.
- Represented Spansion Inc., a semiconductor maker, in its $4 Billion merger with Cypress Semiconductor Corporation.
- Represented Quantifind, Inc., an on-demand insights platform, in its $30 million financing.
- Represented Stormpath, Inc., a powerful identity API platform, in its $15 million Series B financing.
- Represented Cisco Systems, Inc., the worldwide leader in networking, in its acquisition of Metacloud, Inc.
- Represented FanDuel Inc., the (then) largest one-day fantasy sports operator, in its acquisition of AlphaDraft.
- Represented Zuora, Inc., an enterprise subscription management and pricing implementation software, in its acquisition of Frontleaf, Inc.
- Represented FX Alliance, an electronic foreign exchange trading and data platform, in its $700 million sale (effectuated by public tender offer) to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented 3i Group plc and its portfolio company Mold-Masters in the CAD$975 million sale of Mold-Masters, a provider of plastics molding systems, to Milacron LLC.
- Represented Apax Partners in its $2 billion dual leveraged acquisition of Epicor Software (effectuated by public tender offer) and Activant Group, software solution providers.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its growth equity investment in Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Inc., a leader in pet food licensing, manufacturing and distribution.
- Represented TZP Group in its acquisition of Thing5, a provider of cloud-based and hosted communications services to the hospitality industry.
- Represented Boeing in its acquisition of Miro Technologies, a provider of innovative asset and supply chain management software.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga, a leading U.S. yoga studio operator.
- Represented Deliv, Inc., a leading crowdsourced, last mile delivery company, in its acquisition of Zipments Corp.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its acquisition of Xand Corporation, a provider of data center and cloud services, and Xand’s subsequent merger with Access Northeast.
- Represented CINGroup in its acquisition of Best Case, a bankruptcy software provider, from Wolters Kluwer.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its buyout of York Risk Services Group, Ohio’s largest a third-party administrator of insurance claims, and subsequent add-on acquisitions of Avizent and CareWorks.
- Represented early-stage startups on dozens of other confidential Series A-F financings, convertible note, SAFE, and Series Seed financings.
Admissions - State
- New York
- Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law
- Duke University
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion, Illinois Rising Stars (2020-2021)
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars for Business/Corporate practice in Northern California, 2017
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Anti-Defamation League, SF Regional Board Jan-July 2017; Glass Leadership Program, Oct 2015 – July 2016
- McDonald Hopkins Startup-VC attorneys meet with students from New York City’s Cardozo School of Law
- McDonald Hopkins attorneys recognized as 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- McDonald Hopkins represents GRAIL in $390M Series D financing
- McDonald Hopkins attorneys recognized as 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Rethinking Our Interpretation of the 512(f) Misrepresentation Clause, 28 CARDOZO ARTS & ENT. L.J. 149 (2010)