Jacob is an attorney in McDonald Hopkins’ litigation group. He represents clients in a broad range of complex civil litigation matters, including commercial contract disputes, shareholder litigation, data privacy, and class action defense. His class action experience involves defending claims brought under Section 1983 and the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act, among others. In addition to his business litigation and trial experience, Jacob represents clients in corporate criminal defense and enforcement-related litigation, and has defended clients in actions brought by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission. Jacob takes pride in bringing a practical and grounded approach to litigation and client counseling.
Jacob earned a J.D. with honors from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was an Executive Articles Editor on the Law Review and Vice President of the Moot Court (Appellate Advocacy) Honor Society. At Chicago-Kent, Jacob received the Bar and Gavel Society Award, given to 12 graduates each year for distinguished service to the law school. He received a B.A. in international relations from Michigan State University.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Admissions - State
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Michigan State University, James Madison College
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Rising Stars (2019-2021)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Advocates Society Association of Polish-American Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Maryland is latest state to propose regulating use of biometrics
- Newly proposed Federal Biometrics Privacy Act mirrors controversial - and expensive - Illinois statute
- No good deed goes unpunished: Free educational tools ensnare Google in new biometrics lawsuit
- Actual injury required to state a claim under Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act
- Aggressive state action being taken over noncompete agreements
- McDonald Hopkins attorneys recognized as 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- McDonald Hopkins attorneys recognized as 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Attorney Jacob Radecki joins McDonald Hopkins
- Cho, Radecki, & Suh, Communitizing Transnational Regulatory Concerns, 18 Chi. J. Int’l L. No. 1, Article 2.
- Radecki, Note, The Scramble to Promote Egg Donation, 90 CHI.-KENT L. REV. 563 (2015)