Dan L. Makee
Dan L. Makee is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and the Business Litigation Practice Group. Dan is a graduate of Denison University and earned his J.D. at Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Dan served as a judicial law clerk with the Supreme Court of Ohio. He is experienced in complex litigation, including products liability, life sciences, antitrust, ERISA, employment and other commercial and class action litigation. Dan is also a Master Bencher in the John M. Manos Inn of Court and a member of the Ohio and Cleveland Bar Associations. Dan was recognized in 2012 by a leading insurer of life sciences companies for his work in defending a large pharmaceutical company as he earned honorable mention in the insurer's annual attorney of the year award presentation.
Dan earned a J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1985. He received a B.A. from Denison University in 1982.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Admissions - State
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Denison University
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Master Bencher, John M. Manos Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute