Carla is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department. She joined McDonald Hopkins after working as an associate for Ciklin Lubitz in West Palm Beach, Fla. and Spiegel & Utrera, P.A., in Coral Gables, Fla. Carla has demonstrated a versatility handling transactional and litigation matters while gaining extensive experience in all facets of corporate, real estate and land use/governmental law.
Carla earned a J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law in 2013. She also graduated cum laude from Vermont Law School in 2013 with a master’s degree in Environmental Law and Policy. Her B.A. in political science, geography, and environmental studies from Villanova in 2010 was also earned with cum laude honors.
Several political candidates and legislators have benefitted from Carla’s expertise in policy and government relations initiatives, including work as research and policy analyst for a 2016 candidate for the Florida House of Representatives.
In law school, Carla served as judicial intern for The Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia, a law clerk for a litigation law firm in Honolulu, a law clerk with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Region 4) in Atlanta, and was recognized as a fellow by Oxfam America in Boston. During college, she worked as an intern at both the Foreign Policy Research Institute in Philadelphia and the International Road Federation in Geneva, Switzerland.
Admissions - State
- Vermont Law School
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Villanova University
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar Sections: Business law; Environment & Land Use Law; Entertainment & Sports; Real Property Probate Law
- Palm Beach County Bar Association; PBC Young Lawyer’s Association
- F. Malcolm Cunningham Sr. Bar Association, Board Secretary
- Florida Association for Women’s Lawyers
- Caribbean Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- The Marjorie S. Fisher Boys & Girls Club
- Urban League of Palm Beach County, Young Professionals
- Villanova University Alumni Advisory Committee, Department of Geography & The Environment.
- New Leaders Council, Palm Beach County, Co-Director
- Florida Department of Health, Environmental Control Hearing Board for Palm Beach County, Vice Chair
- Available state resources and incentives
- Commercial landlord responses to rent concession requests
- Floridians ordered to stay home with exceptions to perform essential activities through April 30
- Navigating through economic instability and COVID-19: SBA economic injury disaster loans