Brian G. Bembenick
Brian is Of Counsel in McDonald Hopkins' Intellectual Property Department. He is an accomplished intellectual property counsel and strategist specialized in all areas of intellectual property including patent, trademark, and copyright. Brian's effectiveness for clients comes from his broad skill set and diverse experience, spanning multi-industry, military, government, private practice, and in- house levels.
Before joining McDonald Hopkins, Brian was Senior IP Counsel for Avery Dennison Corporation where he was responsible for overseeing the global IP portfolio of the company’s Industrial and Healthcare Materials businesses. Healso served as a USPTO Examiner.
Brian earned his J.D. from the Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law and his B.S. in Chemistry/Biology from Gannon University.
Admissions - Court
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admissions - State
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
- Gannon University
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Rotary Club of Cleveland, Redline Greenway project
- Cleveland Green Ribbon Coalition
- “What to Do When You Come Up with Something New,” ASSH Symposium, September 7-9, 2017, San Francisco
- “The True and False of False Patent Marking Claims,” IP Law Summit, September 15, 2011