Andrew Gordon-Seifert is an associate in the Intellectual Property Department at McDonald Hopkins. Andrew assists clients in evaluating strategy for asserting intellectual property rights and intellectual property litigation in trademarks, copyright, and trade secret matters. In addition, he handles various other litigation matters, involving areas of law such as antitrust, contracts, real
property, and products liability from initial pleadings to final resolution.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, he spent 4 years at Vorys Sater Seymour & Pease handling commercial and antitrust litigation matters, as well as trademark, trade secret, and copyright matters. He was also a legal fellow for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, a judicial extern for the Chief Judge R. Guy Cole, Jr., in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and an judicial extern for Judge George C. Smith in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Andrew also possesses unique knowledge and experience in the music industry. Growing up as the son of a music professor, Andrew began playing instruments and studying one of his passions at a young age. After earning a degree in music performance, Andrew recorded in-studio and toured with a band, while providing lessons as a cello instructor. He currently serves on the board of directors for both the Summit Choral Society and the Grammy-winning orchestra, Apollo’s Fire.
Andrew received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and his B.A. and B.M. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Admissions - Court
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- The Ohio State University
- Scanlon Inn of Court - Pupil (September 2016 - present)
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Summit Choral Society - Secretary and Member, Board of Directors (2016-present)
- 2018 Grammy-Winning Orchestra, Apollo’s Fire - Member, Board of Directors (2019-present)