Follow McDonald Hopkins for Cyber Savvy updates during Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. In conjunction with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s annual awareness campaign, throughout the month McDonald Hopkins will be sharing information to educate you on how to take control of your digital safety and secure your individual and business information.
This year’s theme from the CISA – “See Yourself in Cyber” – emphasizes the importance of every individual’s responsibility to secure their data and sensitive information. CISA explains the goal of the 2022 campaign is to ensure every individual takes key action steps that include:
- Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for all important online activities to provide an additional layer of security
- Using a trusted password manager and strong passwords
- Recognizing and reporting phishing attacks which can infect your machine with malwares
- Updating software to ensure the most current protection
McDonald Hopkins is looking forward to helping you secure your data and protect yourself and your business from the ever growing threat of cybersecurity attacks. The average cost of a data breach in 2022 has been estimated at $4.35 million. While this is concerning, there are many steps you can take to ensure you have all the necessary security measures in place.
For more information, please contact McDonald Hopkins’ national Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group and stay tuned for updates and announcements throughout this month.
You can also click here to view past and upcoming events and speaking engagements featuring McDonald Hopkins data privacy and cybersecurity attorneys, including those listed below.
- Tuesday, October 11 - Business Interruption, Restoration and Remediation, featuring Colin Battersby
- Thursday, October 20 - Cyberween Risk Management Conference, featuring Kate Jarrett
- Tuesday, October 25 - What Treasurers Need to Know and Do for the Future of Cyber/Privacy Law, Cyber Security, and Cyber Insurance, featuring Spencer Pollock