You've Been Served: Why employers get sued and how to avoid it
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Noon to 1:00 p.m. ET
For employers, it often seems like the risk of employment litigation is always looming. Even the best-trained and most well-intentioned employers occasionally find themselves confronting difficult situations where operational and management decisions collide with the ever-changing workplace and evolving employment laws.
Through real-life scenarios provided in this Business Hour, we will examine common employment situations that often lead to employment litigation and will provide practical advice on how to address those situations.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to Noon ET
Business Hour and Webcast: Noon to 1:00 p.m. ET
There is no fee to attend this program.
- Responding to accommodation requests
- Addressing FLSA misclassification and lost time issues
- Accommodating a pregnant employee
- Managing performance of the difficult employee
- Handling extended medical leaves of absence
- Responding to transitioning employees
- Disciplining an employee after a complaint
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114