OFFICE CLERK (DETROIT)
McDonald Hopkins is seeking an Office Clerk to join our Detroit (Bloomfield Hills) office. Under general supervision of the Office Managing Member and Office Manager and according to established policies and procedures, the office clerk shall be responsible for handling incoming calls, greeting visitors, managing documents and performing general administrative duties. The office clerk must be able to demonstrate professional demeanor at all times.
General Reception Duties
- Greet visitors in a professional manner; notify appropriate personnel of visitor’s arrival.
- Promptly answer, screen and route incoming calls; take messages and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain the reception area, file room and conference rooms.
- Twice per day, check paper and toner in copier(s), fax machine, and printer(s). Refill as needed.
- Maintain postage machine. Refill as needed.
- Call for repairs and general maintenance on equipment.
- Handle and record parking vouchers when requested.
- Maintain conference room schedule. Schedule conference rooms through the firm’s Intranet as well as maintain the manual calendar at front desk.
- Coordinate meeting set up (i.e., ordering lunch or breakfast, beverage set-up, prepare videoconference equipment, projector or teleconference equipment set-up as needed).
- Promptly clean up after meetings and keep the conference rooms clean and orderly.
- Pick up mail from the first floor. Sort and distribute mail.
- Prepare Federal Express packages and other mail as instructed. Take Federal Express packages and mail to drop off locations.
- Manage pick ups and follow up with couriers.
- Maintain and clean break room and small kitchen by reception area. Ensure that it is fully stocked and orderly.
- Inventory, order and stock break room/kitchen supplies.
- Maintain an inventory list of office supplies. Send list of supplies as needed to the Office Manager.
- Maintain an organized supply closet and records room. Organize and stock supply and storage areas.
- Prepare file folders and maintain current and accurate filing as instructed.
- Send closed files to storage as instructed.
- Assist with court filings.
Under direction from the Office Manager, assist with the following:
- Assemble and organize Proformas and give to appropriate billing supervisor.
- Assist with accounting duties as needed.
- Schedule vendors, maintenance, visitors, security, HVAC, housekeeping and other building-related needs through the building portal per SE Financial Center’s requirements.
- Keep the Office Manager apprised of any issues.
- Work with attorneys and marketing to maintain the marketing database (i.e., send updates to marketing such as new contact info, updated contact info, etc.)
- Work on special projects as assigned
General Administrative Assistance
- Assist with overflow work as needed
- Photocopying and scanning
- Light typing, edits, redlining
- Contacts management
- Mass mailings
- Binder preparation
- Office errands
- Attend building tenant meetings when requested
- Perform other office duties as assigned
McDonald Hopkins does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.
McDonald Hopkins is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. (Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need without regard to any protected category.)