CORPORATE PARALEGAL (CHI)
As a Paralegal at McDonald Hopkins, you will manage and lead all supportive aspects for transactions and corporate matters, including venture financings, equity issuances, corporate formations, governance and M&A. You will be an important and valuable team member.
The ideal Paralegal will be relentlessly resourceful -- you will need to apply your strong organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude with a self-starter mindset. Strong attention to detail and technological savvy are paramount.
- Assisting with entity formation, mergers, dissolutions, foreign qualifications, related state filings, checking and reserving corporate names
- Drafting agreements forms, letters, or other legal documents with attorney supervision or for attorney review – including corporate organizational documents, board resolutions and consents, and subscription agreements
- Organizing and maintaining online platforms, including cap table management platforms (e.g. Carta), datarooms and corporate record books, with proficiency at using software applications such as Word, Excel, document management systems and search engines
- Assisting with closings of venture capital financings, acquisitions and mergers, and other transactions, including preparation of closing sets, Blue Sky filings and SEC filings
- Creating and maintaining team calendars for transactions and other matters
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- 3+ years corporate/transactional paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, top-notch grammar skills, pristine organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, and adapt to the rapidly changing needs of attorneys and clients, with a client service focus
- Skilled using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe and internet researching platforms, with a plus for experience with Carta, datarooms and document management systems, and a desire to find and learn new platforms that will help advance the corporate group
- Willingness to work overtime as needed