BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The business development specialist works closely with the firm's director of marketing and client development and members of the marketing/business development team to provide strategic business development support across the firm's practices and industries. This position will be based in Detroit or Cleveland with regular travel to Chicago, Columbus and West Palm Beach offices as well as to additional offices that the firm opens in the future*.
*Once the firm lifts travel restrictions due to COVID Pandemic.
- Research and draft pitches, proposals and RFP responses to facilitate the generation of business development leads
- Assist with the development and execution of business development plans for practice groups and individual practitioners
- Along with director of marketing and client development, work directly with attorneys as a business development coach
- Research, analyze and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients
- Analyze markets and conduct research into industries, sectors, clients, and competition in order to identify business opportunities
- Analyze business development processes in legal industry and within additional industries (especially professional services) to ensure firm is utilizing "business development best practices"
- Assist in managing opportunities in primary firm sales pipeline
- Assist with firm cross-selling initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that efforts are efficient and synchronized across business development support services
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of business development or strategy experience within a professional services or law firm
- Experience with responding to requests for proposals and in developing pitches for targeted clients
- Superior writing skills
- Demonstrated business research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, meet deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Must exhibit sound judgment, strong attention to detail, effective problem solving skills, and an ability to use discretion and independent judgment to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with attorneys and other professionals
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and balance projects, while being responsive to internal clients - the attorneys
- Ability to work extended and/or erratic hours
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
McDonald Hopkins LLC is committed to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity.